WELCOME TO THE NSE’S 2023/2024 FINANCIAL YEAR Featured
On behalf of the Council of our Great Society, The Nigerian Society of Engineers, I welcome all our distinguished members to the 2023/2024 Financial Year which commences today, July 1, 2023.
I specially appreciate all our financial members for their efforts in the prompt payment of their annual subscription.
I also wish to intimate you of the summarized benefits of paying your membership dues which automatically makes you a financial member.
Being a financial member enlists you of the following benefits:
- Being in good Professional standing with the Society evidenced by the issuance of an Identity Card.
- Career development and eligibility to participate in the MCPD courses organized by the NSE and recognized by COREN.
- Eligibility to exercise your franchise (being able to vote and be voted for) at the NSE’s National, Branch and Division elections.
- Eligibility to attend the NSE’s Annual General Meetings.
- Meeting the eligibility requirements for Fellowship of the
- Meeting the eligibility requirements for Life Membership of the Society, when due.
- Access to a community of seasoned Engineers and professional interactions amongst each other at Branch, Division, and National levels.
- Advisory services and guidance to members on a wide range of matters relevant to their involvement with and development in the profession.
- Access to benevolent fund maintained by the NSE for members in certain distress situations.
- Eligibility to request for a Letter of Reference/Good Standing from the NSE, amongst many others.
- Eligibility to a rebate on goods and services including some hotels and airlines that are in partnership with the NSE.
Please be informed that in meeting up with the Corporate Social Responsibilities of the NSE, Council at its meeting held on May 11, 2023, in its wisdom approved the increment in membership subscription fees by One Thousand (N1,000.00) Naira only, which will be deducted as annual educational levy to serve as NSE’s counterpart funding source, for the NSE’s Scholarship Scheme, which was approved by the Council in 2020 and ratified by the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
In view of the above, Corporate Members will henceforth pay the sum of Ten Thousand (N10,000.00) Naira only as against the previous Nine Thousand (N9,000.00) Naira. While Fellows will now pay Twenty-One Thousand (N21,000.00) Naira only as against the previous Twenty Thousand (N20,000.00) Naira.
Further to the above, we are pleased to remind you that our Membership Portal, which can be used seamlessly for payment of dues is still open and very functional. Other features on the portal include: immediate reflection of payment on your personal profile and individual profile updating.
You are kindly enjoined to regularly visit the website www.nse.org.ng for updates concerning NSE and other vital information.
Kindly note that your new year’s financial subscription has been set on your account on the membership portal, and we urge you to pay your subscription.
The NSE is gradually preparing for the NSE 2023 Conference from November 27 – December 1, 2023 with the theme: “Re-Engineering the Manufacturing Sector for Competitiveness and Enhanced Economic Growth”.
You will be updated with developments on this from time to time.
Once again, Welcome to the new Financial Year.
Engr. Tasiu Sa’ad Gidari-Wudil, FNSE